Monday 21 October 2013

Web 2 course reflection

Well it's that time I have come to the end of the course but not the end of my learning.  In fact this course is only the beginning of my learning.  to be introduced to so many online tools is amazing.  I feel that many of these tools will be useful in my class to help with students engagement and learning.  I think I would use twitter to contact kids about information I find or even feedback to what they are doing in class.  Obviously being very selective about the type of feedback they are getting.  Also the Google docs and drive would be great not only for teachers to use for contacting and planning but also for student's work and for editing their work.  Rather than spending so much time in class editing work while they are there with you, you could edit their work in your own time so time isn't wasted in class.  This is of course referring to writing lessons.  Also you can use it for homework for kids and they can submit it online rather than paper.  Again you get it quicker and if they forget you can twitter them.  Connecting their work to the class blog would be great to as it means their work is already on line therefore easier to upload to the class blog.  Or in fact they have their own work so in effect it is like a digital portfolio on the child's work.  Bubbl.us would be good for child work presentation as well as teacher use for brainstorming ideas for children and they can their add to it as well.   I'm in a junior class so some of the tools wont be relevant but if I move to middle school and senior primary school then more tools are available and appropriate.  Delicious and Diigo will be great for my own personal research and for my lessons to find appropriate content with.  the scootle blog will be great as great is a resource sharing opportunity.  Linking Pintrest to it would also be content enhancing as there are a great many ideas on that as well.  All in all I know I have a lot of learning to do still.  After reports will be a good time to start and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment