Saturday 28 September 2013

Module 8

Module 8 was very interesting.  I had never heard of RSS feed.  I still don't know what are OPLM uploads however this may not be important but if someone out their is a whiz with all of this stuff maybe they can enlighten me.  I have found creating an account with Feedly has allowed me to search for education and computer technology sites that I could be interested in.  In fact by searching these I found some great educational sites that I could refer to when planning or thinking about a topic in the curriculum such as We are teachers and Share My Lesson.  It also enables me to link in with up to date educational research that is being undertaken that in turn can improve my teaching knowledge and strategies therefore enhancing my skills. the challenges with this is I could spend hours on it researching and reading the interesting information out there and hence not getting down to the business of teaching.
When finding interesting articles or research this can then be shred on the Google account, twitter  and other social media accounts for others to see.  this becomes good collaborative sharing amongst other teaching colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment